News and Events
Learn capoeira in a safe and welcoming space! The 2-hour workshop will introduce participants to the basic fundamentals of the Afro-Brazilian art form. It will cover basic kicks, escapes, movements, and acrobatics. The workshop will also teach the students basic music skills and cover the history of capoeira. At the end of the workshop, participants will have an opportunity to play capoeira in the roda – the circle where capoeira is played – using the skills they have learned during the workshop.
For more information and to register, click here!
This seminar will cover an introduction to Southern White Crane Gong Fu. From White Crane Gong Fu, hundreds of other styles have been derived, including Okinawan Karate as well as several other Japanese martial arts styles and it shares the same root as Wing Chun. White Crane is a soft-hard Southern style specializing in hand techniques and short-range fighting. It is a very comprehensive martial arts system with amazing power and grace.
Topics covered will include:
- Basic body mechanics for White Crane
- Basic stances and stepping
- White Crane soft-hard Qigong patterns
- 4 Major corners for blocking
- 2-person drills
- Basic White Crane Chin Na (joint locks)
This seminar is suitable for students of every skill level and background whether it is your very first time or you’re a long time practitioner. White Crane principals can be combined and supplemented to enhance any style. Come take an in-depth look into the power and root of White Crane Gong Fu.
Feb 1st, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM, $30 For Members, $40 For Non-Members
Welcome to the new and improved GATChicago.com, the home of Tandang Garimot Martial Arts and Wellness on the web. We’ve added several new features we think you’ll enjoy.
- News – Check here often for information on exciting new promotional offers, new classes, and upcoming special events at the studio!
- Class Schedule – Get a heads up on upcoming classes and feel free to drop-in on any class that catches your interest.
- The Class Matrix – If you’re new to martial arts and not sure which classes will help you reach your fitness and wellness goals the fastest, check out our class matrix to get a better idea of which classes might be a fit!
- The Rooster House – The Rooster House is the home for the instructor blogs at Tandang Garimot. Get training tips, workout advice, and nutritional advice from our instructors to help you reach your goals faster.
We’re super excited about the new site, and we look forward to the additional benefits it can provide our student base.